Student Transportation of Canada (STC) is the Canadian division of Student Transportation of America, North America’s third largest and most trusted school transportation provider.
Student Transportation of America, founded in 1997, operates over 16,000 vehicles for over 325 school districts and consortia across North America. Our operations are managed by highly-qualified, experienced national and regional teams of transportation experts who average more than 25 years’ experience in the industry. While we operate locally, we pride ourselves on bringing a wealth of industry experience, state-of-the-art technology, and economies of scale as a result of our size to your community.
In Canada we operate under our Student Transportation of Canada brand name, in addition to the following local names: Elgie Bus Lines, Elliott Coach Lines, Leuschen Transportation, Parkview Transit, and Hertz Northern Bus. We choose to celebrate the hard work and goodwill built by each brand. The trust that these operations have built with their customers and their communities — some as long as 50 years — is something we strive to maintain when we transport children to and from school safely every day.
STC and its family of companies is a proud member of School Bus Ontario (SBO).
Safety at STC
Here’s some of what we do:
- Screening and Background Checks: Student Transportation of Canada screens all employees beyond required provincial regulations ensuring they are cleared to perform to the highest security levels.
- Training: Drivers receive the most comprehensive training in Canada, with an emphasis on Bullying and Sexual Harassment Prevention, Defensive Driving, Effective Student Management and First Aid/CPR.
- Child Check Mate: The system is an electronic security reminder with an audible alarm reminding drivers to check for sleeping children when their routes are finished.
- Vehicle Inspection: Employees check the buses before and after every shift. During frequent preventative maintenance intervals our own certified mechanics thoroughly inspect the buses to ensure they are the safest vehicles on the road.
- Employee Development: Employees receive ongoing safety training, evaluation, and development through our integrated learning management system, with customizable content and virtual training capability for individuals or groups.
- Modern Fleet: Our buses have the latest safety features and technology such as GPS, Mobile Data Terminals, Vehicle Diagnostic Systems and Crossing Gates.